Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 flatbread
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup Skinny Shredded Chicken or boiled, shredded chicken breasts
- ½ cup reduced-fat, shredded cheese
- ½ white onion, diced
- ½ cup jalapeño peppers, diced, or 4 oz can
- 4 oz can diced green chillies
- handful of fresh cilantro, stems removed + chopped
- 4 Flatout® Flatbread Soft 100% Whole Wheat Wraps
- ½ Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a medium skillet over medium heat, add extra virgin olive oil.
Add onion, green chillies, and jalapeños to olive oil and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened.
Add cooked chicken and ½ red enchilada sauce to onions and peppers.
Simmer chicken and sauce for 2-3 minutes while stirring.
Spoon a small amount of the extra red enchilada sauce over each flatbread and spread evenly until sauce is almost toughing the edges.
Add even amounts of chicken to each flatbread.
Sprinkle reduced fat cheddar cheese on top of chicken.
Place flatbreads onto a large baking sheet or cookie sheet and place in oven for 5-7 minutes until cheese has melted and flatbreads have started to become crispy.
Remove flatbreads from oven and sprinkle with fresh cilantro and serve.
Per Serving: 1 flatbread:
Saturated Fat: 4g