- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large leek, white and light green parts only, cleaned and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium Yukon gold potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (1-pound) bunch asparagus, woody stems snapped off and discarded, spears cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
Melt butter in a medium pot over medium low heat. Add leeks and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 10 minutes. Add broth and potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, add asparagus and simmer gently until potatoes and asparagus are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove pot from heat ad set aside to let cool slightly.
Carefully transfer soup to blender in batches and purée until smooth. Return soup to pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, whisk in sour cream and season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowls, garnish with chives and serve.
140 calories (50 from fat)
5g total fat
2.5g saturated fat
3 g dietary fiber